As an authentic manufacturer brand SKS-Germany can look back on a long history. The foundation of the company by Karl Scheffer Klute (SKS equals Scheffer Klute, Sundern) can be traced back to the year 1921.
The start of air pump production dates back to 1932, and for this reason, the year 2007 at SKS-Germany is dedicated to air pumps (1932-2007, 75 years of air pumps). The decisive breakthrough was made in 1956 with the start of the production of plastic pumps. Until the beginning of the 90s, mass production for the original equipment of bicycles dominated the product range. In peak years, up to 50,000 pumps per day were delivered. Today the air pump range is characterised by high-quality mini and floor pumps as well as sophisticated special pumps for the ambitious cyclist.
In 1983, the takeover of the traditional English brand Bluemels prepared the way for the company's entry into the fender sector, known as SKS mudguards. 1988 saw the start of series production of extruded mudguards, which later, after the takeover of ESGE production as Chromoplastics, were to become the worldwide reference for mudguards.